- 1 Is Clovis New Mexico safe?
- 2 What is Clovis NM named after?
- 3 Is Clovis NM a good place to live?
- 4 Is New Mexico a good state to live?
- 5 Does it snow in Clovis New Mexico?
- 6 What is Clovis Complex?
- 7 Is Clovis NM rural or urban?
- 8 Is New Mexico an American state?
- 9 What is the closest major airport to Clovis New Mexico?
- 10 What is the elevation of Clovis NM?
- 11 What is Clovis New Mexico ZIP code?
- 12 What is there to do in Clovis TX?
- 13 Where was the first Clovis Point found?
Is Clovis New Mexico safe?
With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Clovis has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is Clovis NM named after?
Clovis really got its name from the daughter of a railroad official, who was studying the first Christian king, King Clovis of the Franks who ruled in Europe in the 5th century. The name caught on, and was officially incorporated in May 1909.
Is Clovis NM a good place to live?
Clovis is a great small town to raise a family in. There are not many things to do and it does not have the best places to eat but it is very nice. I love that its a small town with many conveniences of a bigger city. I used to live in Dallas TX and when I first came to Clovis I couldn’t wait to get back to the city.
Is New Mexico a good state to live?
A WalletHub study has compared the states on 52 indicators of livability and has determined that New Mexico ranks 50th as 2021’s best states to live in. The states were compared across five factors including affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life, and safety.
Does it snow in Clovis New Mexico?
Clovis averages 10 inches of snow per year.
What is Clovis Complex?
Clovis complex, ancient culture that was widely distributed throughout North America. It is named for the first important archaeological site found, in 1929, near Clovis, N.M. Associated with Clovis are such implements as bone tools, hammerstones, scrapers, and projectile points.
Is Clovis NM rural or urban?
Population in 2019: 38,319 (100% urban, 0% rural ). Zip codes: 88101.
Is New Mexico an American state?
New Mexico, constituent state of the United States of America. It became the 47th state of the union in 1912. At its northwestern corner New Mexico joins Arizona, Utah, and Colorado in the only four-way meeting of states in the United States. The capital of New Mexico is Santa Fe.
What is the closest major airport to Clovis New Mexico?
What is the nearest airport to Clovis? The nearest airport to Clovis is Clovis (CVN) Airport which is 7.2 miles away. Other nearby airports include Lubbock (LBB) (95.1 miles) and Amarillo (AMA) (102.6 miles).
What is the elevation of Clovis NM?
Clovis, city, seat (1909) of Curry county, eastern New Mexico, U.S., in the High Plains ( 4,260 feet [1,298 metres] above sea level ) near the Texas state line. It was founded in 1906 as a division point for the Santa Fe Railway.
What is Clovis New Mexico ZIP code?
/: What is Clovis New Mexico ZIP code?
- F-111 Aardvark. 4.2 mi. Parks, Landmarks & Historical Buildings.
- Casel-Land Fun Center. 3.1 mi.
- Red Arrow Entertainment. 6.6 mi.
- Calibers. 1.4 mi.
- Greene Acres Park. 6.6 mi.
- Windrush Alpacas. 3.9 mi.
- Cannon Air Force Base Golf Course. 0.7 mi.
- Cannon Lanes Bowling. 1.0 mi.
What is there to do in Clovis TX?
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Norman Petty Studios. Historic Sites.
- Hillcrest Park Zoo. 115.
- Norman and Vi Petty Rock & Roll Museum. Speciality Museums.
- Windrush Alpacas. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Kids Go Wild.
- North Plains Mall.
- Clovis Depot Model Train Museum.
Where was the first Clovis Point found?
Clovis points were first discovered near the city of Clovis, New Mexico, and have since been found over most of North America and as far south as Venezuela.