- 1 What is Los Cruces known for?
- 2 Does Las Cruces have Daylight Savings time?
- 3 Is Las Cruces MST?
- 4 What is there to do in Las Cruces today?
- 5 Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
- 6 Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
- 7 What is Mountain Daylight Savings Time?
- 8 Is there a lot of crime in Las Cruces?
- 9 What is the hottest month in Las Cruces NM?
What is Los Cruces known for?
Las Cruces is the home of New Mexico State University (NMSU), New Mexico’s only land-grant university. The city’s major employer is the federal government on nearby White Sands Test Facility and White Sands Missile Range.
Does Las Cruces have Daylight Savings time?
Las Cruces, New Mexico does utilize Daylight Saving Time.
Is Las Cruces MST?
Current local time in Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States | Time Zone: MST.
What is there to do in Las Cruces today?
Things to Do in Las Cruces, NM
- Visit Dripping Springs Natural Area.
- Visit the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Nature & Science.
- Visit the White Sands Missile Range Museum.
- Visit the Zuhl Museum.
- Enjoy the Corralitos Trail Rides.
- Visit the Black Box Theatre.
- Visit Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park.
Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
3 in Money’s ’20 Best Places to Go in 2019′ LAS CRUCES – Las Cruces is the third best travel destination in the United States according to Money magazine’s “20 Best Places to Go in 2019.” Money said it set out to find vacations that provide the best value.
Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
According to the website, “ Las Cruces has been listed as a ‘Best Place to Retire ‘ by several organizations for many reasons: low cost of living, active cultural life with its major university, and unusually beautiful location.”
What is Mountain Daylight Savings Time?
Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) is a North American time zone in use from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November during Daylight Saving Time (DST). Mountain Standard Time (MST) is used during the remainder of the year.
Is there a lot of crime in Las Cruces?
With a crime rate of 42 per one thousand residents, Las Cruces has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.
What is the hottest month in Las Cruces NM?
July is the hottest month in Las Cruces with an average temperature of 27.6°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 6.75°C (44°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 13 in June. The wettest month is August with an average of 37.3mm of rain..