- 1 What is there to see between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
- 2 What pipeline is being built between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
- 3 Is Santa Fe or Albuquerque better?
- 4 Is Santa Fe Safe?
- 5 Does Santa Fe have an airport?
- 6 What pipeline runs through NM?
- 7 Why is Santa Fe so expensive?
- 8 What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
- 9 Is Santa Fe more expensive than Albuquerque?
- 10 What is between Flagstaff and Albuquerque?
- 11 How is the drive from Albuquerque to Taos?
What is there to see between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
What pipeline is being built between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
New Mexico Gas Co. is installing 35 miles of natural gas pipeline along Interstate 25 between Bernalillo and Santa Fe.
Is Santa Fe or Albuquerque better?
I would not consider Santa Fe a ‘better’ city than Albuquerque … each city has its virtues. Santa Fe is a more beautiful city in the southwestern tradition. Albuquerque is a more affordable option both for residents and travelers (Check out my post on things to do in Historic Old Town Albuquerque).
Is Santa Fe Safe?
With a crime rate of 40 per one thousand residents, Santa Fe has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities.
Does Santa Fe have an airport?
United offers non-stop daily flights to Santa Fe from Denver. Learn more at Fly Santa Fe. The Santa Fe Regional Airport (SAF), is open to private aircraft and a few airlines. It is located at the southwest corner of the city, and handles all types of private aircraft.
What pipeline runs through NM?
Santa Fe Mainline Looping Project The pipeline follows a 35-mile route along the Interstate 25 corridor from Bernalillo to Santa Fe. Construction began in May 2020 and the new pipeline went into service in February 2021.
Why is Santa Fe so expensive?
Santa Fe is New Mexico’s capital, and capital cities, with their captive audiences of government employees, agencies, lobbyists, etc., have always commanded a higher price for many goods and services. Santa Fe is also “the city different,” with a high tourism population and many lucrative services for that population.
What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places in New Mexico That You Must See Before You Die
- Carlsbad Caverns (Carlsbad)
- Ghost Ranch (Abiquiu)
- Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness (San Juan County)
- Taos Gorge (Taos)
- White Sands National Park (Dona Ana/Otero County)
- Blue Hole (Santa Rosa)
Is Santa Fe more expensive than Albuquerque?
The cost of living in Santa Fe, NM is 11.5% higher than in Albuquerque, NM. You would have to earn a salary of $66,904 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in Santa Fe, NM typically pay 0.9% more than employeers in Albuquerque, NM.
What is between Flagstaff and Albuquerque?
Halfway between Albuquerque and Flagstaff The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Lupton (Arizona).
How is the drive from Albuquerque to Taos?
The drive from Albuquerque takes approximately 2 and a half hours. HOW LONG IS THE DRIVE FROM SANTA FE TO TAOS? The most direct route to Taos, also known as the “The Low Road”, is 73 miles north of Santa Fe. Estimated Time: 1 hour 21 minutes.