- 1 How far is Hobbs NM from Texas border?
- 2 What is Hobbs NM known for?
- 3 Is Hobbs New Mexico a safe place to live?
- 4 What’s the elevation of Hobbs New Mexico?
- 5 What college is in Hobbs NM?
- 6 What is there to do in Lovington New Mexico?
- 7 Does it snow in Hobbs New Mexico?
- 8 Is New Mexico an American state?
- 9 How old is Hobbs NM?
How far is Hobbs NM from Texas border?
Hobbs is a gateway to New Mexico, located in the Southeast corner of New Mexico, just 4 miles from the West Texas Border.
What is Hobbs NM known for?
Hobbs serves as a supply, shipping, and trading point for the oil-drilling industry and for the surrounding cattle ranches and artesian-irrigated farmlands. Potash deposits (40 miles [65 km] west-southwest) also contribute to the economy. 6
Is Hobbs New Mexico a safe place to live?
Is Hobbs, NM Safe? The D grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Hobbs is in the 16th percentile for safety, meaning 84% of cities are safer and 16% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Hobbs is 50.61 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What’s the elevation of Hobbs New Mexico?
Hobbs, New Mexico is located in the Southeastern region of the state about 250 miles southeast of Albuquerque and 100 miles southwest of Lubbock, Texas. Landmark’s New Mexico location is a beautiful desert oasis in the center of Hobbs that will surely impress your loved one.
What college is in Hobbs NM?
The overall cost of living in New Mexico is 88.4, which is cheaper than the national average of 100. Expect to pay less for groceries, health care, pet rent fees, utilities, transportation, and housing than renters in most other states.
What is there to do in Lovington New Mexico?
- Western Heritage Museum – Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame. History Museums.
- Advanced Bodywork & Massage. Spas.
- Jerbs Custom Jewelry. Speciality & Gift Shops.
- Center for the Arts. Art Galleries.
- ABQ BioPark Zoo. 1,577. Zoos.
- Poor Boy’s Metal Art. Art Galleries.
Does it snow in Hobbs New Mexico?
Hobbs, New Mexico gets 17 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Hobbs averages 3 inches of snow per year.
Is New Mexico an American state?
New Mexico, constituent state of the United States of America. It became the 47th state of the union in 1912. At its northwestern corner New Mexico joins Arizona, Utah, and Colorado in the only four-way meeting of states in the United States. The capital of New Mexico is Santa Fe.
How old is Hobbs NM?
Hobbs was founded in 1907 when James Isaac Hobbs (1852–1923) established a homestead and named the settlement. In 1910, the Hobbs post office opened, with James Hobbs as the first postmaster. By 1911, there were about 25 landowners in Hobbs.