- 1 Is New Mexico a good state to live?
- 2 How much money do you need to live comfortably in New Mexico?
- 3 Is it safe to move to New Mexico?
- 4 What should I know before moving to New Mexico?
- 5 Is New Mexico the worst state to live?
- 6 Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
- 7 Is living in New Mexico expensive?
- 8 Is New Mexico the poorest state in the US?
- 9 Why is nm so poor?
- 10 What’s wrong with Albuquerque?
- 11 Is New Mexico a poor state?
- 12 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 13 What is good about living in New Mexico?
- 14 What are the benefits of living in New Mexico?
Is New Mexico a good state to live?
A WalletHub study has compared the states on 52 indicators of livability and has determined that New Mexico ranks 50th as 2021’s best states to live in. The states were compared across five factors including affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life, and safety.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in New Mexico?
The income needed to live comfortably in New Mexico is $42,445. 50% of this is for necessities, 30% is for discretionary spending, and 20% is for savings. According to Living Wage, a single person with no children can live off of $13.97 per hour in Mexico, or $26,880 a year.
Is it safe to move to New Mexico?
Crime rate: Along with the state having an overall high rate of violent crimes and property crimes, Albuquerque ranks as one of the most dangerous cities in America. Education: At 71%, NM has the lowest high-school graduation rate in the nation.
What should I know before moving to New Mexico?
15 Things to Know Before Moving to New Mexico
- New Mexico is rich in history.
- The New Mexico culture is laid back.
- New Mexico’s landscape has inspired some great art.
- Adobe is everywhere.
- Hippies love New Mexico.
- You can check out the view from a hot air balloon.
- New Mexico is a purple state.
Is New Mexico the worst state to live?
(The Center Square) – New Mexico ranked as the worst state to live in out of all 50 states in an analysis by the consumer finance website Wallethub. The analysis used 52 metrics of livability to determine states’ ranks for 2021. Out of 50, New Mexico also ranked 48th for its economy and a 47th for its education.
Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
What many retirees are finding is better deals, say experts: The median home in New Mexico costs just $151,900 and the cost of living is 3.1% lower than the national average. That makes much of the state far less expensive than Arizona’s most famous retirement havens.
Is living in New Mexico expensive?
New Mexico is renowned for its low cost of living, about 3.1% lower than the national average. The average home in New Mexico costs roughly $151,000.
Is New Mexico the poorest state in the US?
New Mexico New Mexico tops the five poorest U.S. states. New Mexico’s median household income is $51,945, and its poverty rate is 18.2%, the third-highest in the country.
Why is nm so poor?
Poverty in New Mexico is mainly caused by the lack of well paying opportunities and unfavourable landscape for agriculture particularly in the rural areas.
What’s wrong with Albuquerque?
Albuquerque also struggles with one of the highest violent crime rates in the country. There were 1,117 violent crimes reported in 2016 per 100,000 city residents, the most of any major city in New Mexico and nearly three times the national rate of 386 incidents per 100,000 Americans.
Is New Mexico a poor state?
New Mexico’s poverty rate in 2019 was 18.2 percent, a decline from 2018 when it was 19.5 percent, but still the third highest in the country. The poverty rate for New Mexicans 65 years and over was 13.5 percent, the highest in the country and 4.1 percentage points higher than the national average of 9.4 percent.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
What is good about living in New Mexico?
People love living there for the low unemployment rate, reasonable cost of living, and stunning views. You can find an entire list of the best towns in NM to live in here.
What are the benefits of living in New Mexico?
There are many benefits of living in New Mexico.
- Unique culture and traditions. New Mexico is a state with a long history and a rather diverse ethnicity.
- Beautiful nature. New Mexico has beautiful landscapes.
- Warm climate. The climate is mild and continental.
- Long history.
- 6. Entertainment and recreation.