- 1 What is the weather like in New Mexico year round?
- 2 What kind of weather does New Mexico have?
- 3 What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
- 4 What city in New Mexico has the best weather?
- 5 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 6 Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
- 7 Is New Mexico a good place to live?
- 8 Is New Mexico safe?
- 9 What city in New Mexico gets the most rain?
- 10 What months does it snow in New Mexico?
- 11 Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
- 12 What is the nicest city in New Mexico?
- 13 What is the best city in New Mexico to live in?
- 14 What is the poorest town in NM?
What is the weather like in New Mexico year round?
Although New Mexico’s average annual temperature is in the mid-50s F (about 12 °C), extremes can range from near 120 °F (about 48 °C) to the −50s F (about −46 °C). Nighttime temperatures tend to fall sharply. The average annual rainfall is about 13 inches (330 mm), though precipitation tends to increase with elevation.
What kind of weather does New Mexico have?
New Mexico has a mild, arid or semiarid, continental climate characterized by light precipitation totals, abundant sunshine, low relative humidities, and a relatively large annual and diurnal temperature range. The highest mountains have climate characteristics common to the Rocky Mountains.
What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
What city in New Mexico has the best weather?
Farmington had some of the best weather in our ranking, with clear skies and an average summer temperature of 73 degrees, and at 19 minutes, folks here had one of the lowest average commute times on our list.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
What many retirees are finding is better deals, say experts: The median home in New Mexico costs just $151,900 and the cost of living is 3.1% lower than the national average. That makes much of the state far less expensive than Arizona’s most famous retirement havens.
Is New Mexico a good place to live?
A WalletHub study has compared the states on 52 indicators of livability and has determined that New Mexico ranks 50th as 2021’s best states to live in. The states were compared across five factors including affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life, and safety.
Is New Mexico safe?
New Mexico has some of the highest crime rates in the US. Among all 50 states, New Mexico had the second-highest violent crime rate (behind Alaska) and the second-highest property crime rate (behind Louisiana).
What city in New Mexico gets the most rain?
San Pedro Parks receives about 35 inches (89 cm) of precipitation annually, making it one of the wettest areas of New Mexico.
What months does it snow in New Mexico?
When can you find snow in New Mexico? Weather stations report large amounts of snow likely to be deepest around February, especially close to early February. The best time to ski (if at all) in New Mexico is often around around February 5th when fresh powder is deepest.
Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
11 Famous People that are from New Mexico
- Neil Patrick Harris (Actor)
- Demi Moore (Actress)
- Demi Lovato (Actress & Singer)
- Holly Holm (MMA)
- John Denver (singer/songwriter)
- Adrian Grenier (Actor)
- Freddy Prince Jr. (Actor)
- William Hanna (animator/cartoon artist)
What is the nicest city in New Mexico?
The 10 Most Beautiful Towns In New Mexico, USA
- Silver City.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Vegas.
- Mesilla. Situated to the west of Las Cruces, the lovely town of Mesilla has managed to retain its historic character and small town charm despite its proximity to New Mexico’s second biggest city.
What is the best city in New Mexico to live in?
Los Alamos tops the list of best places to live in New Mexico. Los Alamos is a breathtaking region in New Mexico. It is situated across four mesas in White Rock Canyon and Pajarito Plateau. The schools here are among the best in the state.
What is the poorest town in NM?
Deming, New Mexico The typical household in New Mexico earns just $45,674 a year, nearly $10,000 less than the median household income nationwide. In Deming, the poorest town in New Mexico, the median income is just $26,044 a year.