- 1 What County is Quemado New Mexico?
- 2 What is the population of Quemado New Mexico?
- 3 Is Quemado New Mexico safe?
- 4 Where is Quemado lake in New Mexico?
- 5 What is there to do in Quemado New Mexico?
- 6 Is New Mexico an American state?
- 7 How did Quemado NM get its name?
- 8 What is the elevation of Quemado NM?
- 9 What is the zip code for Quemado New Mexico?
- 10 Is Escondida Lake open?
What County is Quemado New Mexico?
Quemado is a community in Catron County. Walter De Maria’s 1977 art installation, The Lightning Field, is between Quemado and Pie Town, New Mexico. Quemado Lake, 13 miles south of US 60 and is one of the best trout lakes in the state.
What is the population of Quemado New Mexico?
The current population of Quemado, New Mexico is 177 based on our projections of the latest US Census estimates. The US Census estimates the 2018 population at 69. The last official US Census in 2010 recorded the population at 228.
Is Quemado New Mexico safe?
Crime Grades Quemado is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of violent crime in Quemado is 15.35 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Where is Quemado lake in New Mexico?
Quemado Lake is located 16 miles south of Quemado, NM. From Quemado, take NM 32 south 14.2 miles to the Quemado Lake/NM 103 sign.
What is there to do in Quemado New Mexico?
- The Lightning Field. Valleys, Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Studio Verde. Art Galleries.
- Casa Malpais Archaeological Park & Museum.
- Springerville Heritage Center.
- Junk and Java.
- R Lazy J Wildlife Ranch.
- El Morro National Monument.
Is New Mexico an American state?
New Mexico, constituent state of the United States of America. It became the 47th state of the union in 1912. At its northwestern corner New Mexico joins Arizona, Utah, and Colorado in the only four-way meeting of states in the United States. The capital of New Mexico is Santa Fe.
How did Quemado NM get its name?
Spanish word for “burned,” Quemado is located in an extinct volcanic area. This community was first settled in 1880 by José Antonio Padilla, who brought sheep and started the stock raising industry in this part of the state. Quemado was once famous for its colony of rodeo celebrities in Largo Canyon south of town.
What is the elevation of Quemado NM?
Quemado is located in northern Catron County, 33 miles east of the Arizona border on US 60, at an elevation of 6,900 feet.
What is the zip code for Quemado New Mexico?
The lake itself offers a swim beach, no-wake boating, windsurfing, and fishing, as well as hiking in the surrounding park. From Quemado, take NM 32 south 14.2 miles to the Quemado Lake/NM 103 sign.
Is Escondida Lake open?
Escondida Lake & RV Park will open to the public beginning Thursday, October 1st. We will now be taking reservations on Bonfire. There will be a capacity limit of 10 person max, per site. Escondida Lake Park offers fishing and camping, RV hookups, picnic sites, a playground, tent sites, bathrooms and potable water.