- 1 What is the weather like in New Mexico year round?
- 2 What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
- 3 Is New Mexico warm or cold?
- 4 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 5 Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
- 6 Is New Mexico a good place to live?
- 7 What’s the number one attraction in New Mexico?
- 8 Why is it so cold in New Mexico?
- 9 Does New Mexico have 4 seasons?
- 10 Is New Mexico safe?
- 11 Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
- 12 Does New Mexico get tornadoes?
- 13 What city in New Mexico gets the most rain?
What is the weather like in New Mexico year round?
Although New Mexico’s average annual temperature is in the mid-50s F (about 12 °C), extremes can range from near 120 °F (about 48 °C) to the −50s F (about −46 °C). Nighttime temperatures tend to fall sharply. The average annual rainfall is about 13 inches (330 mm), though precipitation tends to increase with elevation.
What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
Is New Mexico warm or cold?
New Mexico has a mild, arid or semiarid, continental climate characterised by light precipitation, abundant sunshine and relatively large temperature ranges. During summer, temperatures often exceed 37.8°C (100°F) at elevations below 1,524m (5,000ft), but winter temperatures will often dip down to freezing.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
What many retirees are finding is better deals, say experts: The median home in New Mexico costs just $151,900 and the cost of living is 3.1% lower than the national average. That makes much of the state far less expensive than Arizona’s most famous retirement havens.
Is New Mexico a good place to live?
A WalletHub study has compared the states on 52 indicators of livability and has determined that New Mexico ranks 50th as 2021’s best states to live in. The states were compared across five factors including affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life, and safety.
What’s the number one attraction in New Mexico?
1. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Comprised of nearly 120 known caves, Carlsbad Caverns National Park is hidden mostly underground. Carved from limestone deposited in an ancient sea, the alien underground landscape is one of the most famous New Mexico tourist attractions.
Why is it so cold in New Mexico?
From Albuquerque north, the state takes on a noticeably colder climate. This is mainly because the elevation rises steadily from around 5,000 feet to 7,000 feet in Santa Fe and northward. Summers are warm (low 80s°F) and very pleasant, while winters get quite cold (low 40s°F) and see plenty of snow in the mountains.
Does New Mexico have 4 seasons?
We truly have four seasons here which lends itself to gorgeous snow capped mountains, fields of wild spring flowers, perfectly warm summer days, and colorful crisp falls. In late July and August, we enter our monsoon season.
Is New Mexico safe?
New Mexico has some of the highest crime rates in the US. Among all 50 states, New Mexico had the second-highest violent crime rate (behind Alaska) and the second-highest property crime rate (behind Louisiana).
Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
11 Famous People that are from New Mexico
- Neil Patrick Harris (Actor)
- Demi Moore (Actress)
- Demi Lovato (Actress & Singer)
- Holly Holm (MMA)
- John Denver (singer/songwriter)
- Adrian Grenier (Actor)
- Freddy Prince Jr. (Actor)
- William Hanna (animator/cartoon artist)
Does New Mexico get tornadoes?
Tornadoes have been verified in most New Mexico counties. The highest risk of tornadoes is in the east during April through July, but tornadoes are possible with any thunderstorm. New Mexico averages about 10 tornadoes in a year.
What city in New Mexico gets the most rain?
San Pedro Parks receives about 35 inches (89 cm) of precipitation annually, making it one of the wettest areas of New Mexico.