- 1 What is there to do in Santa Fe in December?
- 2 What is there to do in Santa Fe in the winter?
- 3 Does it snow in Santa Fe New Mexico in December?
- 4 How warm is Santa Fe in December?
- 5 Is Santa Fe a walkable city?
- 6 What is the best month to visit Santa Fe?
- 7 How many days do you need in Santa Fe?
- 8 Is Santa Fe higher than Denver?
- 9 Is Santa Fe safe for tourists?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Albuquerque?
- 11 What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
- 12 What are winters like in Santa Fe New Mexico?
- 13 Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
- 14 What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
- 15 Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
What is there to do in Santa Fe in December?
9 Santa Fe December Events To Enjoy The Season
- Ski Santa Fe. You’ll find some of the best places to ski in the Southwest right here in Santa Fe! (
- Christmas at the Palace.
- Las Posadas.
- Santa Fe Winter Indian Market.
- A Baroque Christmas.
- Lighting of the Menorah.
- Canyon Road Farolito Walk.
What is there to do in Santa Fe in the winter?
9 Things To Do in Santa Fe in Winter
- Dive Into Winter Sports.
- Stroll Canyon Road.
- Tour the Santa Fe Plaza.
- Visit the Museum of International Folk Art.
- Stop by the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum.
- Make Your Own Liquid Light Glass.
- Shop at the Santa Fe Farmers Market.
- Relax at Ten Thousand Waves.
Does it snow in Santa Fe New Mexico in December?
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during December in Santa Fe is essentially constant, remaining about 0.3 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 0.8 inches or falling to 0.0 inches.
How warm is Santa Fe in December?
December. Northern New Mexico: The temperature can be frigid sometimes in northern regions such as Santa Fe, with an average high here of 44°F (6°C) and an average low of 19°F (-7°C). December is usually a very dry month, although the majority of precipitation falls as snow.
Is Santa Fe a walkable city?
Santa Fe is an intimate walkable city. With so many sites to see within a small radius. In order to make the most of your time in Santa Fe, we’ve put together a self-guided walking tour.
What is the best month to visit Santa Fe?
The best time to visit Santa Fe is between September and November. During this time, temperatures range from the high 20s to high 70s. One can argue that springtime has a similar climate with similar hotel rates, but the festivals make fall the clear winner.
How many days do you need in Santa Fe?
Three days isn’t enough time to get the full experience of this area. If you’re thinking of coming to Santa Fe, I would recommend trying to schedule in at least four or five days so that you can enjoy an easy pace and have a wider variety of experiences.
Is Santa Fe higher than Denver?
Santa Fe sits at an elevation of 7,198 feet, making it the third highest city in America. To put that altitude in perspective, the “Mile High City” of Denver sits at just 5280 feet – and residents of that city love to complain about altitude sickness.
Is Santa Fe safe for tourists?
When it comes to safety, Santa Fe visitors should be more concerned about the elements and altitude than the crime rate, which is relatively low. The area’s elevation and dry climate may pose health risks – particularly altitude sickness – to those who are not used to it.
What is the coldest month in Albuquerque?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
1. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Comprised of nearly 120 known caves, Carlsbad Caverns National Park is hidden mostly underground. Carved from limestone deposited in an ancient sea, the alien underground landscape is one of the most famous New Mexico tourist attractions.
What are winters like in Santa Fe New Mexico?
Winter temps average 43 degrees F during the day, but dip into the upper teens at night. Because Santa Fe enjoys an average of 283 sunny days a year, winter snow accumulation is often short-lived in the city—all but the occasional icy patch melts shortly after it falls.
Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
Average Temperature in Santa Fe The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 22 to February 21, with an average daily high temperature below 48°F. The coldest day of the year is January 6, with an average low of 18°F and high of 40°F.
Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
Though the downtown area is walkable, you’ ll need a car to visit the rest of Santa Fe. Parking is plentiful, even downtown, but public transportation is limited to the bus system.