- 1 What was the long term consequence of the Spanish abolishing the Encomienda system?
- 2 Which was a major impact of Spanish colonization of the Americas?
- 3 What factors helped the Spanish defeat the Aztecs quizlet?
- 4 What are lands controlled by another nation called?
- 5 Why did African slavery replace the encomienda system?
- 6 What replaced the encomienda system?
- 7 What are the positive effects of Spanish colonization?
- 8 What is the effect of Spanish colonization?
- 9 What was one of the impacts of Spanish colonization on Native American?
- 10 What factors helped the Spanish to defeat the Aztecs?
- 11 What are two main factors that helped the Spaniards conquer the Aztecs?
- 12 What was the winning advantage of the Spanish against the Aztec Empire?
- 13 Why did Europe want to colonize Africa?
- 14 How did Siam confront imperialism?
- 15 Why did the natives of New Mexico revolt against Spanish settlers?
What was the long term consequence of the Spanish abolishing the Encomienda system?
the long term consequence of this action was that the United States once again belonged to its original inhabitants for the next 12 years. what was the long term consequence of the Spanish abolishing the encomienda system? the buying and selling of Africans for work in the americas.
Which was a major impact of Spanish colonization of the Americas?
“ The destruction, dismantling, and dispersion of the missionized California Indians was further exacerbated by the genocide, kidnapping, and legalized servitude of Indians by European Americans.
What factors helped the Spanish defeat the Aztecs quizlet?
the Spanish had superior weapons – steel swords armour and guns compared to the Aztec wooden swords. gave the Spanish greater speed, mobility and height in battles. The Aztecs were not familiar with them.
What are lands controlled by another nation called?
A colony is a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country, typically a distant one, and occupied by settlers from that country.
Why did African slavery replace the encomienda system?
What replaced the Encomienda System? It was gradually replaced by African slave labor because Africans were more immune to European diseases than Natives.
What replaced the encomienda system?
The encomienda system was generally replaced by the crown-managed repartimiento system throughout Spanish America after mid-sixteenth century.
What are the positive effects of Spanish colonization?
Positive effects Spain’s purposes to colonize Mexico and the other colonies were getting new land, resources, and to spread Christianity. As they conquered Mexico, they got new land. Spain plundered lots of resources from their colonies, opened up trade and get profits and spread Christianity.
What is the effect of Spanish colonization?
They invaded the land of the native americans, treating them in an unfriendly and violent manner when they arrived. The effects of colonization on the native populations in the New World were mistreatment of the natives, harsh labor for them, and new ideas about religion for the spaniards.
What was one of the impacts of Spanish colonization on Native American?
The Spanish colonization however had major negative impacts on the indigenous people that settled in Trinidad such as the decrease of the population, family separation, starvation and the lost of their culture and tradition. The most prominent amongst them all was genocide and annihilation.
What factors helped the Spanish to defeat the Aztecs?
The overthrow of the Aztec Empire by Cortez and his expedition rests on three factors: The fragility of that empire, the tactical advantages of Spanish technology, and smallpox.
What are two main factors that helped the Spaniards conquer the Aztecs?
What Were the Most Important Factors in Explaining the Spanish Victory Over the Aztecs & Incas?
- Superior Weapons. Spanish weaponry was far superior to anything used by the Aztecs or Incas.
- Alliances and Experience.
- The Power of Horses.
- Deadly Disease.
What was the winning advantage of the Spanish against the Aztec Empire?
The advantages that the Spanish had over the Aztec were 16 horses, guns, armor, formed alliances, and diseases, steel.
Why did Europe want to colonize Africa?
During this time, many European countries expanded their empires by aggressively establishing colonies in Africa so that they could exploit and export Africa’s resources. Raw materials like rubber, timber, diamonds, and gold were found in Africa. Europeans also wanted to protect trade routes.
How did Siam confront imperialism?
Siam confronted imperialism by playing Britain and France against each other. Also, Ethiopia used manipulation to gain independence. East Africans used magic to confront imperialism.
Why did the natives of New Mexico revolt against Spanish settlers?
Overview. The Pueblo people, Native Americans living in what is now New Mexico, rose up against Spanish conquistadores in the wake of religious persecution, violence, and drought. The uprising aimed to reclaim Pueblo religious practices, culture, and land, which had been stripped away by Spanish conquistadores.