- 1 What is the County seat of Lea County New Mexico?
- 2 How many square miles is Lea County NM?
- 3 What is Hobbs NM known for?
- 4 Is New Mexico an American state?
- 5 What county is Albuquerque NM in?
- 6 What is the zip code for Hobbs New Mexico?
- 7 Is Hobbs NM a desert?
- 8 How far is Hobbs NM from Texas border?
- 9 What is there to do in Lovington New Mexico?
- 10 What is the elevation of Lovington NM?
What is the County seat of Lea County New Mexico?
The County owns and maintains 1300 miles of roads. The population in 2017 was 68,759, and the county has five incorporated cities Lovington; the county seat, Hobbs; the largest city, Tatum, Eunice and Jal. Rural communities in Lea County include Knowles, Humble City, Monument, Nadine, and Oil Center.
How many square miles is Lea County NM?
Lovington, city, seat (1917) of Lea county, southeastern New Mexico, U.S. Bordered on the east and south by Texas, the county lies on a sandy, grassy plain long favoured by cattle ranchers.
What is Hobbs NM known for?
Hobbs serves as a supply, shipping, and trading point for the oil-drilling industry and for the surrounding cattle ranches and artesian-irrigated farmlands. Potash deposits (40 miles [65 km] west-southwest) also contribute to the economy. 6
Is New Mexico an American state?
New Mexico, constituent state of the United States of America. It became the 47th state of the union in 1912. At its northwestern corner New Mexico joins Arizona, Utah, and Colorado in the only four-way meeting of states in the United States. The capital of New Mexico is Santa Fe.
What county is Albuquerque NM in?
Located in central New Mexico, Bernalillo County is home to Albuquerque and serves as a major economic and cultural crossroads in the American Southwest. The county consists of an area of nearly 1200 square miles.
What is the zip code for Hobbs New Mexico?
Hobbs is in the 16th percentile for safety, meaning 84% of cities are safer and 16% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Hobbs’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Hobbs is 50.61 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Hobbs NM a desert?
Hobbs, New Mexico is located in the Southeastern region of the state about 250 miles southeast of Albuquerque and 100 miles southwest of Lubbock, Texas. Landmark’s New Mexico location is a beautiful desert oasis in the center of Hobbs that will surely impress your loved one.
How far is Hobbs NM from Texas border?
Hobbs is a gateway to New Mexico, located in the Southeast corner of New Mexico, just 4 miles from the West Texas Border.
What is there to do in Lovington New Mexico?
- Western Heritage Museum – Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame. History Museums.
- Advanced Bodywork & Massage. Spas.
- Jerbs Custom Jewelry. Speciality & Gift Shops.
- Center for the Arts. Art Galleries.
- ABQ BioPark Zoo. 1,577. Zoos.
- Poor Boy’s Metal Art. Art Galleries.
What is the elevation of Lovington NM?