- 1 Is December a good time to visit NM?
- 2 Is New Mexico good in December?
- 3 What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
- 4 What is the weather like in New Mexico in December?
- 5 What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
- 6 Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
- 7 Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
- 8 Is New Mexico a good place to winter?
- 9 Is Santa Fe worth visiting?
- 10 Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
- 11 Does New Mexico have beaches?
- 12 Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
- 13 What is the best time to visit Santa Fe?
- 14 What is the warmest city in New Mexico?
- 15 What is the best time of year to visit Albuquerque?
Is December a good time to visit NM?
The best time to avoid the crowds in New Mexico in major cities and national parks or at national monuments is in the winter months and late fall or early spring. The temperatures are pleasant during this time, and the massive summer tourist crowds are gone. Another advantage is the festival season during this time.
Is New Mexico good in December?
Case in point: New Mexico, a land that’s especially enchanting under clear, cold skies with a light dusting of snow. Its desert-scapes can be experienced under pleasant temperatures, and summer crowds at the national parks and alien attractions are minimal.
What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
1. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Comprised of nearly 120 known caves, Carlsbad Caverns National Park is hidden mostly underground. Carved from limestone deposited in an ancient sea, the alien underground landscape is one of the most famous New Mexico tourist attractions.
What is the weather like in New Mexico in December?
Daily high temperatures decrease by 5°F, from 52°F to 47°F, rarely falling below 37°F or exceeding 62°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 4°F, from 31°F to 27°F, rarely falling below 19°F or exceeding 39°F.
What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
Though the downtown area is walkable, you’ ll need a car to visit the rest of Santa Fe. Parking is plentiful, even downtown, but public transportation is limited to the bus system.
Is New Mexico a good place to winter?
While New Mexico’s unique landscape and geology can prove a bit difficult to take in during summer’s scorching desert heat, the winter is an ideal time to travel, with reliably balmy temperatures.
Is Santa Fe worth visiting?
Besides being renowned for its cultural diversity and interesting historic tourist attractions, the city is also famed for its extraordinary arts scene. While plenty of galleries dot its streets, Santa Fe is also an important center for the performing arts and hosts lots of great cultural events and festivals.
Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
New Mexico has some of the highest crime rates in the US. Among all 50 states, New Mexico had the second-highest violent crime rate (behind Alaska) and the second-highest property crime rate (behind Louisiana).
Does New Mexico have beaches?
For example, despite being a landlocked state without any coastal areas, New Mexico has plenty of super beaches at lakes and reservoirs. These sandy spots allow New Mexico residents to enjoy all the fun of coastal cities without being forced to drive for hours to get there.
Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
11 Famous People that are from New Mexico
- Neil Patrick Harris (Actor)
- Demi Moore (Actress)
- Demi Lovato (Actress & Singer)
- Holly Holm (MMA)
- John Denver (singer/songwriter)
- Adrian Grenier (Actor)
- Freddy Prince Jr. (Actor)
- William Hanna (animator/cartoon artist)
What is the best time to visit Santa Fe?
The best time to visit Santa Fe is between September and November. During this time, temperatures range from the high 20s to high 70s. One can argue that springtime has a similar climate with similar hotel rates, but the festivals make fall the clear winner.
What is the warmest city in New Mexico?
Warmest: Hobbs, New Mexico Two small cities in New Mexico are tied for the warmest. Hobbs and Carlsbad, both near the state’s southeastern border with Texas, have an average annual high of 77 degrees.
What is the best time of year to visit Albuquerque?
The best time to visit Albuquerque is from September to November. The fall season sees pleasantly warm temperatures (ideal for a stroll on the Paseo del Bosque Trail) and many a party as festival season goes into full swing.