- 1 Is December a good time to visit NM?
- 2 What is there to do in New Mexico in December?
- 3 Is New Mexico good in December?
- 4 What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
- 5 What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
- 6 Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
- 7 What should I wear in New Mexico in December?
- 8 Does New Mexico have beaches?
- 9 Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
- 10 Is New Mexico a good place to winter?
- 11 Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
- 12 Is Santa Fe worth visiting?
- 13 What is the most visited place in New Mexico?
- 14 Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
- 15 What town in New Mexico has the best weather?
Is December a good time to visit NM?
The best time to avoid the crowds in New Mexico in major cities and national parks or at national monuments is in the winter months and late fall or early spring. The temperatures are pleasant during this time, and the massive summer tourist crowds are gone. Another advantage is the festival season during this time.
What is there to do in New Mexico in December?
15 of New Mexico’s Best Winter Activities!
- Taos Ski Valley, Taos, NM.
- Ski Apache, Mescalero, NM.
- Cloudcroft Ice Rink, Cloudcroft, NM.
- Pueblo Feast Days, Bernalillo, NM.
- Christmas on the Pecos, Carlsbad, NM.
- Elephant Butte Luminaria Beach Walk and Floating Parade of Lights, Elephant Butte, NM.
Is New Mexico good in December?
Case in point: New Mexico, a land that’s especially enchanting under clear, cold skies with a light dusting of snow. Its desert-scapes can be experienced under pleasant temperatures, and summer crowds at the national parks and alien attractions are minimal.
What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places in New Mexico That You Must See Before You Die
- Carlsbad Caverns (Carlsbad)
- Ghost Ranch (Abiquiu)
- Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness (San Juan County)
- Taos Gorge (Taos)
- White Sands National Park (Dona Ana/Otero County)
- Blue Hole (Santa Rosa)
What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
What should I wear in New Mexico in December?
Clothing should be waterproof, warm, and comfortable. Always dress in layers as the weather can change throughout the day, and your body temperature will change depending on the amount of activity. Bring a waterproof bag with you, or wear a fanny pack underneath your coat to keep your items safe, dry, and available.
Does New Mexico have beaches?
For example, despite being a landlocked state without any coastal areas, New Mexico has plenty of super beaches at lakes and reservoirs. These sandy spots allow New Mexico residents to enjoy all the fun of coastal cities without being forced to drive for hours to get there.
Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
New Mexico has some of the highest crime rates in the US. Among all 50 states, New Mexico had the second-highest violent crime rate (behind Alaska) and the second-highest property crime rate (behind Louisiana).
Is New Mexico a good place to winter?
While New Mexico’s unique landscape and geology can prove a bit difficult to take in during summer’s scorching desert heat, the winter is an ideal time to travel, with reliably balmy temperatures.
Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
Though the downtown area is walkable, you’ ll need a car to visit the rest of Santa Fe. Parking is plentiful, even downtown, but public transportation is limited to the bus system.
Is Santa Fe worth visiting?
Besides being renowned for its cultural diversity and interesting historic tourist attractions, the city is also famed for its extraordinary arts scene. While plenty of galleries dot its streets, Santa Fe is also an important center for the performing arts and hosts lots of great cultural events and festivals.
What is the most visited place in New Mexico?
Based on their searches, these are the most visited cities in New Mexico.
- Roswell. Robert Young/Flickr.
- Angel Fire. AstroZombie/TripAdvisor.
- Taos. Jenni Konrad/Flickr.
- Ruidoso. Beatnik Photos/Flickr.
- Las Cruces. V8637LQjohns/TripAdvisor.
- Santa Fe. Visit Santa Fe/TripAdvisor.
- Albuquerque. Mike Tungate/Flickr.
Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
These Photos Of 8 Mountain Peaks In New Mexico Will Take Your Breath Away
- Sierra Blanca Peak, near Ruidoso.
- Sandia Crest, near Albuquerque.
- Wheeler Peak, near Taos.
- Signal Peak, near Silver City.
- Santa Fe Baldy, near Santa Fe.
- La Mosca Lookout, near Grants.
- Hermit Peak, near Las Vegas.
- Mogollon Baldy, near Glenwood.
What town in New Mexico has the best weather?
Farmington had some of the best weather in our ranking, with clear skies and an average summer temperature of 73 degrees, and at 19 minutes, folks here had one of the lowest average commute times on our list.