- 1 What is Los Cruces known for?
- 2 What is there to do in Las Cruces New Mexico today?
- 3 Is Las Cruces NM worth visiting?
- 4 Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
- 5 How hot does it get in Las Cruces NM?
- 6 Does Las Cruces have a downtown?
- 7 Is Las Cruces New Mexico a nice place to live?
- 8 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 9 Does Las Cruces NM have a high crime rate?
- 10 What airport do you fly into for Las Cruces New Mexico?
What is Los Cruces known for?
Las Cruces is the home of New Mexico State University (NMSU), New Mexico’s only land-grant university. The city’s major employer is the federal government on nearby White Sands Test Facility and White Sands Missile Range.
What is there to do in Las Cruces New Mexico today?
Things to Do in Las Cruces, NM
- Visit Dripping Springs Natural Area.
- Visit the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Nature & Science.
- Visit the White Sands Missile Range Museum.
- Visit the Zuhl Museum.
- Enjoy the Corralitos Trail Rides.
- Visit the Black Box Theatre.
- Visit Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park.
Is Las Cruces NM worth visiting?
LAS CRUCES – Las Cruces is the third best travel destination in the United States according to Money magazine’s “20 Best Places to Go in 2019.” Money said it set out to find vacations that provide the best value.
Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
According to the website, “ Las Cruces has been listed as a ‘Best Place to Retire ‘ by several organizations for many reasons: low cost of living, active cultural life with its major university, and unusually beautiful location.”
How hot does it get in Las Cruces NM?
In Las Cruces, the summers are hot and partly cloudy; the winters are short, cold, and mostly clear; and it is dry year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 97°F and is rarely below 23°F or above 103°F.
Does Las Cruces have a downtown?
Main Street Downtown | Las Cruces, NM.
Is Las Cruces New Mexico a nice place to live?
In fact, TopRetirements.com ranked Las Cruces, NM in 15th place out of the 100 most popular cities for retirement. With so many family-friendly activities, exceptional weather, agriculture, and education, there are several reasons this hidden jewel is a nice place to settle.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Does Las Cruces NM have a high crime rate?
With a crime rate of 42 per one thousand residents, Las Cruces has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.
What airport do you fly into for Las Cruces New Mexico?
The Las Cruces International Airport ( LRU ) is a thriving general aviation airport located right off Interstate 10 on the West Mesa about 10 minutes from downtown Las Cruces.