- 1 How cold does it get in Taos NM?
- 2 What is the best time of year to visit Taos?
- 3 Is Taos always windy?
- 4 Is Taos a safe place to live?
- 5 Is Taos New Mexico worth visiting?
- 6 What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
- 7 How hot is Taos in July?
- 8 Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
- 9 Where do you fly into for Taos?
- 10 What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
- 11 Is Taos good for beginners?
- 12 Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
- 13 Does Taos have good snow?
How cold does it get in Taos NM?
Climate and Average Weather Year Round in Taos New Mexico, United States. In Taos, the summers are warm, the winters are freezing and snowy, and it is mostly clear year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 12°F to 84°F and is rarely below -0°F or above 90°F.
What is the best time of year to visit Taos?
Most people visit Taos from May through September due to the bounty of summer activities. If you are looking to avoid the crowds, September and October are the perfect months to visit. Taos is hot during the summer, but the nights are cool.
Is Taos always windy?
Humidity and Wind Taos has some comfortably humid months, and dry months in the opposite season. The least humid month is June (20.4% relative humidity), and the most humid month is December (53.2%). Wind in Taos is usually calm. The windiest month is April, followed by May and June.
Is Taos a safe place to live?
Taos is in the 4th percentile for safety, meaning 96% of cities are safer and 4% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Taos’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Taos is 95.61 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Taos New Mexico worth visiting?
Though there’s so much to see and do in this incredible part of New Mexico, one of our favorite places to visit and to send our guests is the beautiful town of Taos, New Mexico. Travelers descend upon Taos year after year for a number of reasons not the least of which is the area’s stunning beauty.
What is the number one attraction in New Mexico?
1. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Comprised of nearly 120 known caves, Carlsbad Caverns National Park is hidden mostly underground. Carved from limestone deposited in an ancient sea, the alien underground landscape is one of the most famous New Mexico tourist attractions.
How hot is Taos in July?
Daily high temperatures are around 83°F, rarely falling below 75°F or exceeding 90°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 84°F on July 4. Daily low temperatures increase by 2°F, from 50°F to 52°F, rarely falling below 44°F or exceeding 57°F.
Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
Where do you fly into for Taos?
Commercial airlines don’t land in Taos; the nearest airport would be Santa Fe, about 70 miles southwest of the town. A recent search on Kayak.com showed LAX-Santa Fe flights for $652 round-trip on American Airlines. Flight time is 3½ hours (stopping in Phoenix) each way.
What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
High Road to Taos
- Nambé Pueblo & Nambe Falls.
- Millicent Rogers Museum.
- The Taos Art Museum.
- Taos Pueblo.
Is Taos good for beginners?
Beginners will especially appreciate Taos high alpine views, since there are a handful of green runs higher up on the mountain. Lift 1 from the main base area provides access to several ideal green runs, like White Feather.
Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
1. Taos. This desert town in northern New Mexico is an outdoor lover’s dream. The town comes in fourth when it comes to senior population percentage, with seniors accounting for 21.60% of its total population.
Does Taos have good snow?
Taos Ski Valley gets an average of 12.3 inches of rain per year. It receives, on average, 300 inches of snow per year but has been slowly declining in recent years. On average, there are about 285 sunny days per year in Taos Ski Valley. The July average high is 76°F.