- 1 Is New Mexico good place to live?
- 2 How much money do you need to live comfortably in New Mexico?
- 3 Is New Mexico safe to live?
- 4 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 5 Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
- 6 What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
- 7 Is living in New Mexico expensive?
- 8 Is New Mexico a bad area?
- 9 Why is nm so poor?
- 10 Why you shouldn’t move to Albuquerque?
- 11 What is the cheapest and safest place to live in New Mexico?
- 12 What is the best area to live in New Mexico?
Is New Mexico good place to live?
A WalletHub study has compared the states on 52 indicators of livability and has determined that New Mexico ranks 50th as 2021’s best states to live in. The states were compared across five factors including affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life, and safety.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in New Mexico?
The income needed to live comfortably in New Mexico is $42,445. 50% of this is for necessities, 30% is for discretionary spending, and 20% is for savings. According to Living Wage, a single person with no children can live off of $13.97 per hour in Mexico, or $26,880 a year.
Is New Mexico safe to live?
Unfortunately, New Mexico is not one of the safest states in the nation, recording the highest rate of property crime and 2nd highest rate of violent crime. Yet, despite the city’s high level of property crime, Portales achieved a decent 2.01 per 1,000 violent crime rate that is a third of New Mexico’s state average.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Is it cheaper to live in Arizona or New Mexico?
What many retirees are finding is better deals, say experts: The median home in New Mexico costs just $151,900 and the cost of living is 3.1% lower than the national average. That makes much of the state far less expensive than Arizona’s most famous retirement havens.
What is the coldest month in New Mexico?
Albuquerque’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.8°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 92.3°F.
Is living in New Mexico expensive?
New Mexico is renowned for its low cost of living, about 3.1% lower than the national average. The average home in New Mexico costs roughly $151,000.
Is New Mexico a bad area?
New Mexico has some of the highest crime rates in the US. Among all 50 states, New Mexico had the second-highest violent crime rate (behind Alaska) and the second-highest property crime rate (behind Louisiana).
Why is nm so poor?
Poverty in New Mexico is mainly caused by the lack of well paying opportunities and unfavourable landscape for agriculture particularly in the rural areas.
Why you shouldn’t move to Albuquerque?
New Mexico has the highest rate of property crime in the United States, driven in no small part by the situation in Albuquerque. This can be attributed to various socioeconomic factors in the city, including low education levels, a high unemployment rate, and higher levels of substance abuse in the population.
What is the cheapest and safest place to live in New Mexico?
Lovington If you love paying low prices for great quality, then you’ll love Lovington, the most affordable place to live in New Mexico for 2021.
What is the best area to live in New Mexico?
Best Places to Live in New Mexico The Definitive List
- 1) Los Alamos.
- 2) Albuquerque.
- 3) Rio Rancho.
- 4) Corrales.
- 5) Farmington.
- 6) Artesia.
- 7) Sante Fe.
- Wrapping Up Some of the Best Places to Live in New Mexico. New Mexico is a melting pot of both cultural and natural effervescence.